DMP are Recruiting a Graduate Building Surveyor... Apply now!
We are excited to be recruiting for a Graduate Building Surveyor to join our team based in Tunbridge Wells. This role is a perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to complete or already working towards their RICS APC accreditation.
DMP is an ambitious and forward thinking business offering building surveying, design, architectural and professional services to a wide range of commercial clients across London and South East. We are excited to be recruiting for a Graduate Building Surveyor to join our team based in Tunbridge Wells. This role is a perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to complete or already working towards their RICS APC accreditation.
The successful candidate will assist our surveyors on site undertaking a full range of surveys, including detailed measured building surveys, photographic schedules, lease plans. While demonstrate a growing commitment to the Building Surveying profession.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Undertake a wide range of Building Surveying duties on your own initiative within South East/London.
- Learn and understand the principles of quality, safety and the environment within the project management environment.
- Prepare planning and building regulation drawings using Auto CAD software
- Prepare construction / detailed drawings using Auto CAD software
- Feasibility study
- as-built / identification drawings
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum BSc(Hons) in Building Surveying or a similar degree and will be able to demonstrate a commitment to accuracy and professionalism.
- Must be a car owner - full UK Driving Licence will be required.
- Good time management.
- Have mathematical ability and an understanding of the need for accuracy in all work.
- Have an obvious ability to communicate.
- Display sound technical surveying knowledge demonstrating growing experience and ability.
- Present a professional manner and outlook.
- Be IT literate –A sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software packages including Auto CAD and Sketch-up.
- Looking to complete or already working towards MRICS Chartership
- An obvious ability to communicate.
- Professional manner and smart appearance
- Ability to solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiator
- Commercially aware
- Builder of strong working relationships
- Self motivated
- Able to work alone or as part of a team
- Results orientated
- Confident speaker
- Clean driving licence – likely to have to do significant travel in the connection with duties
- Good report and letter writing skills
- Innovative and proactive
In return we will provide a competitive salary. Salary will be dependent on skill base as this is a graduate position.
On the job training and structured RICS training will be given to enthusiastic candidates. Your knowledge will accelerate as you gain experience working in different areas. DMP Chartered Surveyors is an equal opportunities employer.
In addition benefits will include:
- A small friendly office
- Birthday's off
- Phone and laptop provided
- 45p per mile
- Away days
- Nice location
- Discount through the Chamber of Commerce
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £18,000.00 to £23,000.00 /year
- Royal Tunbridge Wells TN1
- Building Surveying: 1 year
- Autocad: 1 year
Required licence or certification:
- Driving License
To apply please email Mike O'Rourke at Mike.ORourke@dmp-llp.co.uk or you can apply here.